The scalloped edge of the Messermeister Meridian Elite 9” Bread Knife will bite into the crust of bread with certainty. The serrations on this knife produce smooth, clean cuts with fewer crumbs and minimal compression. This knife slices flawlessly through soft-skinned fruits and vegetables as well, however it is not recommended for cutting proteins.
- The German 1.4116 stainless carbon alloy blade resists stains and corrosion, exhibits toughness and durability, holds its edge retention, and is easy to re-sharpen to a razor-like edge.
- This knife line is one-piece, hot-drop hammer forged, which produces the strongest blade from heel to tip. The blades are heat treated and cooled to achieve a Rockwell of 57-58.
- The three-step, 15° Elite edge is hand stropped on a cloth wheel, creating the sharpest possible cutting surface on an edged tool.
- The bolsterless heel simplifies all cutting, sharpening and honing tasks, making use of the entire blade from heel to tip.
- Handcrafted in the historic cutlery capital of Solingen, Germany.
- The Knife for Life™ guarantee provides a lifetime warranty against material and manufacturing defects