This Asian-inspired Messermeister Meridian Elite 7" Vegetable Knife combines the classic features of a European chef’s knife with the wide blade style preferred by chefs from the far east. The chopping cleaver style blade is a full 2.5” wide, 7" long with a blunt spatula tip and a slight rocking camber. The alternating kullenschliffs (a.k.a. kullens, hollows or grantons) on each side of the knife reduce drag and prevent items from sticking to the blade. This knife is ideal for handling a heavy workload in the kitchen. Take advantage of the wide blade to move your prepped ingredients with ease.
- The German 1.4116 stainless carbon alloy blade resists stains and corrosion, exhibits toughness and durability, holds its edge retention, and is easy to re-sharpen to a razor-like edge.
- This knife line is one-piece, hot-drop hammer forged, which produces the strongest blade from heel to tip. The blades are heat treated and cooled to achieve a Rockwell of 57-58.
- The three-step, 15° Elite edge is hand stropped on a cloth wheel, creating the sharpest possible cutting surface on an edged tool.
- The bolsterless heel simplifies all cutting, sharpening and honing tasks, making use of the entire blade from heel to tip.
- Handcrafted in the historic cutlery capital of Solingen, Germany.